Thursday, November 19, 2009

Since my last post I still haven't done any long rides. The flu was still affecting my performance. Two weeks ago I managed to do 50 hilly miles but I was not feeling at all well on the hills. Last Saturday I finally was feeling back to normal but the weather was so foggy and icy that we got a late start and the coach only had me doing 40 miles. This week is the Tour de Tucson. The decision has been made that I will do the 66 mile loop rather than the 109 mile loop as the flu really set me back and I was borderline on being able to do the 109 miles in the time allowed. It will still be further than I have ever ridden before.

The boys gave me Flat Stanley to take on the ride with me. He is a paper doll that they and their classmates color and then send all over the world. The people who receive him then write about his "adventures" in their part of the world and send that back to the children. It is a way for them to learn geography. Debbie made a Team in Training jersey for him and the boys made a bike helmet. We are ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment