Monday, October 12, 2009

Yesterday's ride was another long one. One person told me 58 miles and another said 56. There were lots of hills but I managed to ride up every one of them - a first for me. There were 2 hills in particular that almost did me in. The first one was a long one out of Woodinville. My coach who was watching me said that there were a couple of times he thought I was going to fall over I was going so slow. The second one was towards the end of the day as we approached our last sag stop. I was very rapidly running out of steam and I still am not sure how I made it. When I got off my bike I had to hold on to it for a minute as I was dizzy from the effort. Sitting down for a few minutes and eating something gave me the energy I needed to finish the ride. It also helped that the coach took me a different way than the others which had a much more gradual hill. I think the prettiest part of the ride was the ride down the hill into Snohomish with its view of the mountains and the valley. The stop at the bakery in Snohomish was also nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment